Licensing Finance consists of two parts:-
Licensing Finance- Policy Wing
- Policy related matters of Unified License, Unified Access Service License, INSAT MSS-R Licenses, ISP "A" , "B" and "C" Category Licenses, Resale IPLC Licenses, PMRTS/CMRTS Licenses and Audio Text/ Voicemail/UMS Licenses, Radio-paging, VSAT(Captive as well as Commercial),NLD, ILD and IP-II services.
- Policy matters on Tripartite Agreements (TPA)
- Scrutiny of application for grant of Access services, Carrier services, Data services Licenses.
- Approval for grant of access services Licenses, Carrier Service Licenses, Data Services Licenses.
- Policy matter on Merger & Acquisition, CAF and EMF verification, Financial Bank Guarantees and Performance Bank Guarantees.
- Handling of Court cases on Revenue matters in TDSAT, Hon'ble Supreme Court and in different High Courts.
- Reply on Joint Parliamentary Committee, Public Account Committee matters and Audit Coordination related to Policy Wing.
- TC Memo and arbitration cases.
- VIP references and parliamentary questions.
- Monitoring of decentralised Licenses which includes Monitoring of Assessment and Monitoring of Bank Guarantees.
- Discharging the duty of Appellate Authority for assessment done by CCAs.
Licensing Finance- Assessment Wing
- Review if DVR reports.
- Annual Assessment of License Fees paid by the Telecom Operators based on the Audited AGRs including watch on receipt of DV reports.
- Review of payments and outstanding.
- Calculation of penal interest on delayed payments & recovery of the same.
- Refund / adjustment of license fee excess paid.
- Speaking order on Representation by Licensees on Annual Assessment.
- Clarifications / guidelines on verification reports of deduction claims.
- Checking of affidavit etc. at the time of recovery of quarterly revenue share / License Fees.
- Annual Financial settlement of revenue share / L.F.
- Safe custody of Performance Bank Guarantee.
- Review of Performance Bank Guarantees, issue of letters of extension of BGs before the expiry of its validity period and invocation in case of non-extension and enhancement of BG amount. Disposal of Appeal / Representation received from TSPs regarding BGs.
- Issue of instructions / guidelines in connection with Financial Bank Guarantees.
- Data compilation, preparation and submission of Telecom Commission Memo.
- Reconciliation of LF collections.
- Monitoring of LF Collections, GR / AGR figures and trend analysis under clause 19.1 and 19.2 of LA.
- Providing inputs for quarterly Return of Financial Advisor's (FA) report for Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance.
- Furnishing Report on Standing Committee on Finance matters / other Parliament Committees.
- Furnishing Data for Finance Commission.
- Review of receipts from various penalties levied by other wings of DoT / Field Units.
- Correspondence regarding various penalties imposed by other wings of DoT / Field Units.
- Vetting of calculation of penalty in respect of Roll out obligations.
- Vetting of Assessment of License Fee / calculation of interest details etc. received from AS Section and from other Licensing Branch.
- Audit of the Telecom Licensees under clause 22.5 of the License Agreement.
- Special audit of Telecom Licensees under Clause 22.6.
- Interaction with Banking Authorities/RCA/Income Tax/Service Tax authorities.