Revised Policy for issue of No Objection Certificate' (NOC) for sale/rent of International Roaming SIM cards/Global Calling Cards
No Objection Certificate' (NOC) shall be issued by Department of Telecommunications (DoT) in regard to sale/rent of International Roaming SIM cards/ Global Calling Card in India with the following terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions of NOC
- The cards being offered to Indian Customers will be for use only outside India. However, if it is essential to activate the card for making test calls/emergent calls before the departure of customer and /or after the arrival of the customer, the same shall be permitted for forty eight (48) hours only prior to departure from India and twenty four (24) hours after arrival in India.
- Such test calls/emergent calls made from India through these calling cards shall be international roaming calls.
- For establishing the authenticity of the customers (photo identity and address proof etc), proper verification of users of such cards shall be carried out before selling /renting such cards. Copy of the passport of the customer indicating valid visa shall also be obtained.
- Complete details of such global cards (including the period) along with full particulars, including address of the person to whom the international roaming cards has been sold/rented, shall be provided to the designated security agencies periodically on monthly basis.
- All types of clearances from any agency like RBI/ customs etc. will be duly taken by the Company.
- The traffic originated in other country for termination in India will be routed through the valid ILD licensees/valid ILD gateways.
- The Company, selling/renting such SIM/Calling cards, shall ensure that the time limit of activation of such cards in India, as mentioned in Para (i) above, is adhered to, failing which the Company shall be liable to pay a fine of Rs.500/- (Rs. Five Hundred only) per hour for each SIM/Calling cards for every extra hour of activation.
- The NOC shall be issued initially for a period of three years and shall be renewed on the request of the Company for the period of three years.
How to apply for No Objection Certificate' (NOC) for sale of International Roaming SIM cards/ Global Calling Card in India
Application for issue of NOC should be made on plain paper and addressed to Director (CS-I), Sanchar Bhavan, 20. Ashoka Road, New Delhi 110001 along with the following required documents:-
- Certified true copy of Certificate of Incorporation of the company issued by registrar of companies along with Memorandum and Article of Association.
- Certified true copy of agreement between applicant company and foreign telecom companies.
- Procedure of making the calls from any country including a list of codes being used for making calls from various countries.
- Certified copy of Board resolution regarding signatory authority or General Power of Attorney duly notarized in favour of signatory authority.