The Electrical Wing of Department of Telecommunication under the Ministry of Communications is presently involved in / or focusing on:
- Planning and Monitoring of the Electromechanical projects in new and existing buildings of DOT
- Technical Scrutiny of estimates and monitoring the progress of works in DOT buildings carried out by external agencies related to Electrical items
- Electrical Inspection of Electro-mechanical Installations of DoT, DoP , BSNL, MTNL, C-DoT and ITI under Ministry of Telecommunications & IT.
- Promotion of Energy Conservation and Energy Efficiency
- Operational and Monitoring aspects of the use of Renewable Energy and reduction of Carbon footprints in telecom networks
- Coordination with Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE) for implementation, financing & regulation for Renewable Energy in Telecom sector
- Coordination with Ministry of Power, NITI AAYOG, Rural Electrification Corporation (REC) and telecom industry for electrification of non-electrified telecom towers under DDUGJY scheme
- All Staff & establishment matters pertaining to Group A officers of Electrical wing of P&T Building Works Service.