Subjects allocated to Access Services (AS) Division:
i) Policy matters (including amendments) of Unified Licence (UL), UL Virtual Network Operator (VNO) and guidelines for Grant of Unified License.
(ii)Issuance of :-
a) Unified Licence (UL) for access service authorization
b) UL (VNO) access service authorization and VNO Category B License
c) UL/UL(VNO) for more than one authorization
d) In-Flight and Maritime Connectivity (IFMC) permissions
(iii) Matters related to Operation/ implementation of ownership related issues of Access Services licensee companies such as merger/ de-merger of licensee companies, change of name/ registered office address of licensee companies, six-monthly reports on FDI and paid-up capital of licensee companies.
(iv) Processing of TRAI’s recommendations pertaining to terms and conditions of UL and UL(VNO) licenses.
(v) Implementation of National Security Directive on Telecom (NSDT) in consultation with National Cyber Security Coordinator (NCSC).
(vi) Policy matters related to subscriber verification i.e. guidelines and processes for implementation of Know Your Customer (KYC).
(vii) Policy and administration of National Numbering Plan (NNP) including allocation of mobile and fixed line numbering resources to the telecom service providers.
(viii) All matters relating to Mobile Number Portability (MNP) service olicy and issue of licenses.
(ix) Policy matters related to EMF radiation.
(x) Matters related to telecom facilities in border areas, pre-paid services/ roaming facility/ special security consideration in J&K, Assam and North East services areas
(xi) Matters related to designation of LEAs for interception and monitoring of telecom traffic
(xii) Coordination with Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs) on matters related to:
(a) Lawful Interception Monitoring (LIM)/ Lawful Interception System (LIS)
(b) Testing of Value Added Services (VAS) and
(c) Matters related to Remote Access permissions
(xiii) Operational matters related to roll-out obligations of the mobile telecom service providers as per respective Notice Inviting Applications (NIAs) for spectrum auction and imposition of Liquidated Damages (LDs) on non-fulfillment of roll-out obligations
(xiv) Levy of penalty for violation of terms and conditions of licenses
(xv) Matters (including coordination with TRAI) related to interconnection, interconnection-usage-charge (IUC) and Mobile Number Portability.
Access Services Task Force:
1. Obtaining direct feedback on call drops from around 10 lakhs subscribers per month through Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS) based feedback system on Call Drops & sharing the feedback with concerned Telecom Service Providers (TSPs) every week to take corrective action. Review of Action Taken Report of TSPs.
2. To facilitate use of Government buildings /estate for telecom installations to address the concerns of call Drops.
3. Call drops & Quality of Services related issues in the mobile network.
4. Handling Parliament Questions (PQs), Parliament Assurances (PAs), Parliamentary matters, VIP references on Call Drop &Quality of Services issues in mobile networks.
Links to the respective content of the major subjects:
- EMF Radiation Audit
- National Numbering Plan - 2003
- Guidelines for Access Services Licences
- Amendments to Access Service Licences
- Allotment of Short codes
- Instructions for Access Service Licences
- Allotment of MSC Codes
- Public Notices
- List of Access Service Licences Issued
- Press Releases
- Telemarketer Codes
- 3G & BWA Spectrum Auction
- 3G Auction Updates
- BWA Auction Updates
- Security Clearance and Related Licence Agreements
- Subscriber Verification
- Mobile Number Portability(MNP)
- Unified Access Services
- Cellular Mobile Services
- Introduction to erstwhile Unified Access Services/Cellular Mobile Services
- Consolidated list of rural SDCAs for the purpose of Roll out obligation
- Consolidated list of rural SDCAs for the purpose of 3G/BWA Roll out obligation
- Improving Communication Network during Disasters.
- Test Schedule Test Procedure (TSTP) for Roll Out Obligation