Right to Information
You may lodge your RTI HERE - RTI Portal
In pursuance of the promulgation of Right to Information Act, 2005, the following infrastructure has been put in position in this Department:-
1. Any citizen of India seeking any information relating to this Department may address his application to Central Public Information Officer (CPIO) as per list of CPIOs of DOT.
List of CPIOs & FAAs in DOT and the work allotted to them as on 31.08.2017(805 KB)
2. The application shall be considered for providing desired information only if the application is accompanied by application fee of Rs.10/-.
3. The application fee of Rs. 10/- may be deposited to the Deptt. through any of the following three alternatives only :-
(a) By cash to be deposited in the Reception Counter of Sanchar Bhavan where money receipt would be issued against the cash deposit.
(b) By Bank Draft to be drawn in favour of PAO(HQ), Department of Telecom., New Delhi-110001.
(c) By Postal Order in favour of PAO(HQ), Department of Telecom., New Delhi-110001.
After receipt of response from CPIO, if the applicant is not satisfied with the information provided or denied, he may file an appeal against the same within 30 days of the receipt of the communication, which need to be addressed to Appellate Authority as per following list
List of Appellate Authority(AA) of DoT is shown in the last column of the list of CPIO
All the Public Sector Undertakings/Autonomous Bodies/Societies under the administrative control of this Department are separate "Public Authorities" in terms of Sec. 2(h) of RTI Act, 05. They have their own websites and each of these Public Authorities has its own CPIO/APIO. For any information pertaining to these Authorities, application needs to be addressed to the concerned CPIO/APIO. The names of these Public Authorities are as under:-
1. Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited,
2. Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited,
3. Telecom. Consultants India Limited,
4. Indian Telephone Industries Limited,
5. Telecom. Regulatory Authority of India,
6. Telecom. Dispute Settlement & Appellate Tribunal,
7. Centre for Development of Telematics
8.Bharat Broadband Networks LImited